In connection to the Global Development Conference held in Praha, Czech Republic, Peo Bengtsson was awarded by the IOF for his life long work with developing orienteering around the world.
The IOF Global Development Award has been established to award those who have, through their activities, made significant contributions to the growth of the sport of orienteering and the IOF.
The award winner Peo Bengtsson is without doubt one of the largest pioneers in orienteering. He has definitely made “significant contributions to the growth of orienteering” on his many journeys around the world.
Peo Bengtsson describes some of his work in his speech at the Global Development Conference here:
Statutes IOF Global Development Award:
- The Award may be handed out in connection with the IOF Congress (in even years), if a suitable candidate has been identified.
- The Award may only be handed out to one recipient per occasion
- Eligible for the award is any individual or organisation which has made significant contributions to global development over an extended period of time
- Nominations for the award can be made to the IOF Council by any IOF member federation or individual within the IOF organisation.
- Nominations should be forwarded to the IOF at least 2 months prior to the IOF Congress
- The IOF Council will determine the recipient of the award
- A recipient of the IOF Global Development Award will receive a commemorative gift from the IOF and will be listed in the IOF Honours List.