IOF Eventor is the event management system that supports some parts of the Event administrative processes for IOF Events. The system also serves as the digital archive of event information to be kept for the records after the event has been closed.
IOF Eventor supports events with the same type of entry. For Team Entry events, only one team manger can be applied per national team. IOF Eventor cannot handle events with mixed entries type. Normally, each championship needs to be setup as its own event. IOF Eventor only supports one races competitions. If a competition contains several races, they must be setup as separate competitions.
IOF have dedicated support to support the organiser on the system management. The support help and train and setup the event. The support is available on normal working hours and the support normally answers within 16 working hours.
IOF have a test environment where organiser shall setup the event and test all functionality and settings. For access to the test environment, contact email@example.com.
IOF always support the organiser with the following steps:
- First setup of the event in the calendar
- Changing event name, time and Event Adviser
- Setting up/configuration of the entries settings
IOF Eventor manage the following parts of IOF event management:
|Visibility and calendar||
|Key Roles and contacts||
|Documents and links||
To help organisers to define, calculate and communicate the entries schedule, there is a template fot this which can be found in the “plan and organise an IOF event”-section.
Note! IOF Eventor do NOT support:
- The Start list creation process varies from event type to event type and can be very complex. IOF Eventor do not support this but the competition entries can be exported. The start list creation is time consuming and needs to be tested and rehearsed well before the event and is done by the organiser with support form the SEA team.
- Accommodation booking and complex service orders. IOF Eventor is not built for managing orders of these services. The Entries process in IOF Eventor follow the competition entry deadlines. We recommend that only small and simple services can be ordered during the competition entry periods and these services shall be connected to the competitions.
- Split times visualisation
Overall setup process of the Event in IOF Eventor
|-4 to-2 years||
Detailed IOF Eventor Guides
IOF Eventor guides can be found on the IOF Eventor page under the Help and Support section. In 2019 we will try to move the guides into this web and some of the guides are outdated.
Organiser IOF Eventor responsibilities and Event management deliveries
- The organiser must make sure that the following roles within the event organising team are given access to IOF Eventor and are trained.
- The organising federation administrator to give access to the right roles within the federation
The organising federation event organiser to update information on the IOF Eventor page
- Local club event organiser to update information on the IOF Eventor page
- Local club entries manager
- Local club results manager
- Local club external event management system responsible (to test imports, exports and start list management)
- The organiser are responsible for that the information is setup, updated and managed according timelines that is specified in rules and guidelines. If the organiser finds something wrong, the organiser shall update the information or get help from the IOF Eventor support. IOF will support in keeping the deadlines, but it is organiser responsibility to make sure that the information is in place, in time.
- The organiser have the responsibility to make sure that all mandatory information is archived in IOF Eventor before closing the event.
- The organiser must request to IOF Eventor support if dedicated support is needed during periods. The dedicated support request shall be given at least 2 weeks in advance.
- The organiser must provide their own system for accommodation entries and management
- The organiser must provide their own system for split times results visualisation (if needed)
Organiser Results management deliveries
- The organiser shall upload the official championships results as data through IOF XML to IOF Eventor
- In case when an event is both a championship and a World Cup event, the organiser shall provide separate world cup result list to IOF for world cup calculations.
- In case the Championship result list and the World Ranking result list is different in regional championships, the organiser shall send separate result list to IOF for WRE calculations.
- In case that the championship has an aggregated team championship result list, the organiser shall calculate the results and publish the results as PDF and in excel spreadsheet in IOF Eventor.
Organiser External event/competition management system
- The organiser shall provide an external event/competition management system to manage the competitions.
- The organiser shall test and make sure that all interfaces between IOF Eventor and the External event/competition management system is working before the event start.
- Entries export from IOF Eventor
- Start list imports to IOF Eventor
- Results import to IOF Eventor
Start list creation
- The organiser shall provide their own system/process for start list creation (aggregate rankings and entries and draw lots according to IOF Rules)
- The organiser shall test the start list creation system/process well before the Event as it is very time-critical.
Accreditation card production
IOF provide an Accreditation card tool which supports creation of the of the accreditation cards. The organiser shall dedicate a resource that setup, test and implement the tool for the Event together with IOF Support.
All other event types
If applicable, the organiser must provide an accreditation card production tool.
In 2019 we updated the IOF Eventor entry process, please read more here: