The International Orienteering Federation (IOF) has an Athletes’ Licence system.
- It contributes to the fairness of our sport by having athletes confirm that they will respect and follow the IOF rules. The IOF licence is an agreement between the IOF and the athlete.
- The Licence fee goes directly to the IOF Anti-Doping fund which is part of IOF Anti Doping plan.
- To improve risk management for major event Organisers, Member Federations and the IOF, by defining the conditions upon which competitors participate in major IOF events.
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) expects all recognised sports federations to have a regulation framework for athletes.
- The licence is needed for athletes participating in Senior (Elite M/W 21) World Championships and World Cup competitions.
- The Application(Signed form) and Payment should reach the IOF Office or IOF Office representatives before participating in a World Championship or World Cup Event.
- The licence is annual and is valid for all orienteering disciplines
Licence application form
The form needs to be signed once. IOF will inform when there is a need to resign a new form when there is a major change to it. Every athlete that signed the form in 2016, 2017, 2018 or 2019 don’t need to sign the 2020 version of the form.
How to apply:
- Make sure that you have IOF ID and an updated user profile in IOF Eventor
- Print out the form (avalable below in the documents section)
- Fill in and Sign in ‘wet inc’.
- Send signed original to the IOF Office
- Pay the annual licence fee in IOF Eventor.
International Orienteering Federation
Drottninggatan 47 3 1/2 tr
Athlete licence documents and forms>>> ERROR: Contact the Administrator to see this content <<<
Payment and Management
The annual Licence fee is 30 EURO/athlete. The Licence should be paid by the Federation or the Athlete. All payments are done in IOF Eventor.
The Athlete can login into IOF Eventor and pay licence by card or by bank transfer. Read more in IOF Eventor Guide for Athletes.
Payments by Federation
The Federation can pay by login into IOF Eventor (as Administrator or Team manager). Read more in IOF Eventor Guide for Federations. It is a two step process where the federation purchase a set of (1 or more) licences. After the purchase the federation can assign licences to athletes.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Q? I signed the form in 2016, do I need to sign it again for the 2019 season??
Answer: No, the form from 2016, 2017 and 2018 is still valid as an agreement. You can, however, sign the new agreement (form) if you want to.
Q? Where can I see if I have signed the form?
Answer: If you have paid, or initiated a payment, your status are shown on the in IOF Eventor/Athlete Licences page. If you have not paid the licence you can find your form status in: Login into IOF Eventor, click on My Pages/My Athlete Licence.
Q? Do I need to have different licences and pay many fees if I participate in several Orienteering disciplines?
Q? Can I send in a signed form and wait to pay until I know I will participate in World Championships or World Cup?
Answer: Yes, that is good practice. Pay the fee when you know that you will participate in the first Event of the season. The National Team Manager should have identified the team members at least 10 days before the Event.
Q? How do I know that my payment and signed agreement have reached IOF?
Answer: You find the current status of your Athlete Licence in IOF Eventor. If you find that there is something wrong with you Athlete Licence please email IOF Office at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
Q? Do I need to send the original signed form or is it good enought with and scanned copy sent by email.
Answer: You need to send the original. In special cases, where time is short, IOF Office will temporarily approve a scanned PDF version. Eventually ,you need to send in the original.
Q? A Junior in our team will participate in the World Championship relay. Do he or she need to have a valid licence?
Answer: Yes, everyone that participate in a Senior World Championship or World Cup competition need a valid licence.
Q? I cannot pay through the IOF Eventor payment options (Bank transfer or PayPal card payment). What should I do?
Answer: IOF will never accept cash payments. Please contact email@example.com to find a solution.
Q?: My Federation have paid for 10 licences in 2017 and have not assigned them or used them. Can we use them for 2018?
A: Late October every year, IOF go through every unused licence payment and transfer them to the next year for the Federation to use for the next season.